Monday, August 2, 2010

A screenshot tells a thousand words

Nenunial of The Rambling Draenei Death Knight suggested we post our favorite screenshots, or screenshots that have some sort of meaning for us. I know I'm late to the game, but I thought I'd share one of my favorite screenshots with you now, since I have nothing else to post today.

Click for a larger version.

The short description is that this shot was taken of my priest after he used an Elune Stone on himself and then casted Holy Nova. There's a story behind it, though. You see, when I first bought Holy Nova from a trainer, I hadn't heard very good things about it from the various priests I had talked with. From what I had heard, there were simply better spells than Holy Nova for any situation where it might be useful. However, I was curious about it, so I gave it a cast after I got it. Well, what those curmudgeonly players had neglected to mention was that the animation for this spell is just plain beautiful. I was blown away by the visuals, and I especially liked the way the little specs of holy light lingered after the spell was cast. When the Lunar Festival came around, I hit upon the idea to use an Elune Stone in conjunction with holy light to create the effect above. It looked so good to me that I took a screenshot of it and kept it around, which is why I can share it with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment