Monday, October 18, 2010

No new posts until my laptop is fixed [Updated x2]

Update: (10/24/10, 12:02 PM): My laptop is back up and running, but the harddrive had to be replaced for it to work again. I had some things backed-up, but not everything, and the result is that it will take me a long time to get it back in its original state. That combined with my schedule for this weekend means no new post on Monday, but barring any more unexpected events, I'll be back to posting on Wednesday; I promise.

Update (10/20/10, 6:12 PM): The situation isn't looking much better unfortunately, and my laptop will be out of commision until at least Friday, when I can take it in to be repaired. Until then, I still won't be able to post new posts, mostly because all of the things I have been doing trying to fix my laptop have been eating into the time I would have spent writing, and this week is also a really busy one for me. Those two things combined have prevented me from being able to write, and will prevent me from being able to write a post in time for Friday. So for now, the blog remains static.

Original Post: I'll spare you the exposition and flowery language common to my blog posts. My laptop is having issues that have put it out of commission for a few days, and I am currently writing this post on a computer at my university's library. I would like to think that I could continue writing consistently here, but without easy access to a computer, I don't know whether I'll be able to keep up with the usual writing habits necessary to write my blog posts in the time it takes me to write them. (And the keyboards are very loud here. I don't know if I could stand writing three posts a week on these things.) Thus, until my laptop is fixed, I'm putting a halt on any new posts. Since I can still access my e-mail on my iPod touch and can still do things on this library's computer, I should still be able to respond to comments, but even with that, I make no promises. To give you a time frame, as I understand the situation now, I should be able to have my laptop up and running in a few days. If that isn't the case, I'll post another post to let you know. Until then, play on and live well, my readers.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete